GlowAnims
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GlowAnims

GlowAnims

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism )

Go down 
+2
Marexx
Zyles
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zyles

Zyles

Experience : 1657

Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism ) Empty
PostSubject: Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism )   Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:45 pm

So, I'm making this tutorial to show SOME people, yes you, to give constructive criticism.

GUIDELINES FOR COMMENTING:

1. If you have nothing to say to HELP them, don't post at all.
2. Don't repeat comments already given, i.e. don't say 'That was choppy' just after the person above has said that.
3. If you do really hate their animation and have to say that you do at least GIVE THEM SOME ADVICE.
4. Just be polite and curteous.
5. Don't just rate the animation or rank it as "lulz ur medium high beginner" because that doesn't help new members improve.

B a s i c s

We all know the basics of animation:

Easing
Anticipation
Non-wobbliness
Non-stiffness

These are the four things that you should be focusing on, if someone lacks one of these, point out how to improve on it. If you think the poster has these 'basics' you can critisize on other aspects:

Storyline
Voice acting
Effects
Humor

These are examples of extras in animation, they're not needed to make it look good but they can make the animation more interesting to watch, and hear.

B e n i c e

Yes, Yurkovsky, I'm looking at you >:D

If you're critisizing the animation, and you see something lacking, say that it doesn't look good and give ways to improve on it, never say it sucks. Everyone has been at that stage once, and it's not motivating if someone flames your animations. I've seen many examples of people quitting animating because of people doing that shit, so don't.

What you like, and what you don't.

When you're CC'ing an anim, always say what you like, and what you don't like about it.

Not:

'The animation lacks easing, and it's stiff.'

But:

'The animation lacks easing, you can improve on it by practicing. There's no shortcut to easing. And it's stiff, make sure all the limbs bend enough. I liked the effects, though. Especially etc...'

It could just be the motivation they need to go on with animating.

PS: To all the people posting animations and getting flamed: Just tell the flamer to stop, if he doesn't!

CALL ZYLES!

Mods, feel free to add stuff, and correct spelling, it's morning here so I'm not awake yet ;]
Back to top Go down
Marexx

Marexx

Experience : 536

PostSubject: Re: Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism )   Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:25 pm

stickied
Back to top Go down
Zyles

Zyles

PostSubject: Re: Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism )   Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:27 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Fizz
Fizz

Experience : 5970

PostSubject: Re: Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism )   Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:07 pm

number 2 is possibly THE thing that everyone does, just to up their number of posts. i posted something on sp, and NINE people repeated the same thing i said. NINE.
Back to top Go down
http://fizzld.deviantart.com/
Zyles

Zyles

PostSubject: Re: Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism )   Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:10 pm

And that's why I'm making this tutorial, to teach people how to do it.

Last edited by Zyles on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fizz
Fizz

Experience : 5970

PostSubject: Re: Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism )   Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:13 pm

but srsly. NINE.

and it's to TEACH people how to do it
not to LEARN people how to do it.
Back to top Go down
http://fizzld.deviantart.com/
Zyles

Zyles

PostSubject: Re: Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism )   Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:16 pm

f*ck, English isn't my first language, you know :l
Back to top Go down
BalloonPirate
Inhouse Animator
Inhouse Animator
BalloonPirate

Experience : 437

PostSubject: Re: Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism )   Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:17 pm

Quote :
The animation lacks easing, you can improve on it by practicing. There's no shortcut to easing. And it's stiff, make sure all the limbs bend enough. I liked the effects, though. Especially etc...'

Well I think its pretty obvious that people can improve it by practising.

And Zyles if I can see something good in the anim I always add it in the comment. But if the animator imo just made a bad anim and I cant find any good in it then I just tell him what I think. I someone post up an anim then be ready to be ccd by me, I can say what I think you know. BUT IT WAS A LONG AND GOOD TUTORIAL I think much info.
Back to top Go down
Zyles

Zyles

PostSubject: Re: Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism )   Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:45 pm

1. If you have nothing to say to HELP them, don't post at all.
Back to top Go down
BalloonPirate
Inhouse Animator
Inhouse Animator
BalloonPirate

Experience : 437

PostSubject: Re: Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism )   Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:01 pm

Oh I will
Back to top Go down
Zyles

Zyles

PostSubject: Re: Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism )   Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism ) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:48 am

Oh you.
Back to top Go down
fresh
Inhouse Animator
Inhouse Animator
fresh

Experience : 1456

PostSubject: Re: Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism )   Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism ) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:03 am

lol, you've gotta correct mine spelling alot ;)
Back to top Go down
Zackie
V.I.P
Zackie

Experience : 102

PostSubject: Re: Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism )   Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism ) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 7:15 pm

Lol, great post Zyles! I salute you*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism )   Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism ) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regarding C&C ( Constructive Criticism )
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GlowAnims :: Creation :: Animations-
Jump to: